Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Sower Went Out to Sow


Spring is such a great time of year! Warm sun is always a delight when the days are still cool and the forsythias are in bloom... I know it's time to start tilling my garden!


This is my sweet brother, Cory, after tilling for me :) >>>



These are some of my favorite tools >>>



> My red angled hoe


> Pink garden gloves -grippy, but breathable!


> Potato turner a.k.a. pitchfork





"A sower went out to sow his seed.

And as he sowed,
some fell along the path and was trampled underfoot, and the birds of the air devoured it.

And some fell on the rock, and as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture.


And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up with it and choked it.

And some fell into good soil and grew and yielded a hundredfold."


{Luke 8:5-8}

Planting a garden always reminds me of this parable. It encourages me to not only turn the soil in my garden well, but also the "soil" of my heart.

"
As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience." {Luke 8:15}

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." {Galatians 6:9}

1 comment:

  1. If you didn't know, you can make the photos bigger by clicking on them while writing the post. It has an option. I use the "large" option because it's the biggest one that works. :) Love the pictures! Looks like you had fun gardening!

    ReplyDelete