Friday, April 22, 2011

It Was Mint To Be


If there is one thing I've learned while gardening- it's that some plants just keep coming back, whether you want them to or not! Weeds are usually easy to spot and get rid of. The one plant I thought would be a blessing to have around has become "a thorn in my flesh" so to speak, although it has no thorns!


This plant looks so innocent, so sweet and tranquil. It smells delightful and has health benefits when used rightly, but don't let that deceive you!


If this plant is not contained, closely watched and constantly cut back, it will take over everything!!! Just look at this path by my rose bush!


The moral to this sad tale, is that my heart is like a garden. I must "weed out" the bad thoughts and ideas- anything not Christ like- but I also must keep in check those thoughts that, while they are good and useful in their proper place, should not be allowed to overtake more than is fitting.

Another lesson to be learned from this is to use and be grateful for what I do have going/growing well in my garden. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment