Sunday, April 17, 2016

Longsuffering

As a normal human, I avoid even the slightest amount of pain whenever possible, but there are times you just have to bear it.

Considering Jesus in my discomfort this afternoon, it hit me that He is the most longsuffering person is the history of ever. Duh, I know. But get this- He never had to put up with suffering for His own mistakes. Ever. Not even once. He suffered for mine. For yours. For us. That's amazing.

A quick word search and I found that He really is the only one who has this longsuffering thing down, anyway:

Exodus 34:6
"And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,"

Psalm 86:15
"But thou, O Lord, [art] a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth."

Galatians 5:22
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith..."

2 Peter 3:9
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

2 Peter 3:15a
"And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation..."

I am so grateful my Lord is willing to suffer long!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment