Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Snapshots

I'm enjoying a quiet moment to reflect on the blessings and adventures I've had this year.

Here are a few of the highlights for me:

Helping with after school Bible clubs was a blessing again this year. I am always challenged and encouraged as I teach about how wonderful and gracious the Lord Jesus is! Truths I need to be reminded of daily.




This year I finished the quilt I've been working on for two years, finally- yay! It was a fun project, but I don't plan on making another one anytime soon.




My family made a trip down to Texas for the CWFF this year. Great to reconnect with filmmaker friends. It was fun to have Jamie and Arielle as travel buddies for that trip!



I had some great opportunities to use my photography skills this year. The JAF Family Retreat camp needed a few camp photographers to fill in this year, so I got the pleasure of capturing the smiles of happy campers with this cool chick. (And I may or may not have had a camp crush on the 70-200mm lens we got to use for the job...)



A few other events I was privileged to take photos of were Ryan and Beka Chartier's wedding as well as Elijah and Claire Maddux's wedding. Each such sweet unions in Christ.



There was so much great rain for gardening this year! I am grateful I took advantage of the weather and planted when I did. Tomatoes, onions, carrots, corn, and green beans were thriving in my garden this year.




An awesome opportunity I had this summer was working with international children at an American Orientation training working with 7 and 8 year old age group. Which resulted in a few babysitting jobs I have been enjoying. :)

I'm sporting a Canadian flag pin one of the kids gave me in this pic:



In August, my Mom and I took a short trip to WI for Kathrine & JD King's wedding. Such a joy to be part of the celebration!



Wesley and Amaris made time to visit KC this summer and we had a grand time together. Looking forward to working on So Broken Up with them next year!




Concerts I got to see this year included WinterJam, Switchfoot, Ed Sheeran (thanks, Cory!) and LifeLight SD. Good friends and good music are always a winning combination.




And can I just say - GO Royals!!!



A blessing and answer to prayer for me this year was getting a part time job working at Queen's Pantry in town. I am loving it! Working while drinking tea all day is definitely my cup of tea. I am currently saving to go on a trip to visit missionary friends in Indonesia the beginning of 2015.



I've been able to help with a few short film projects this year, as well as fill in for wardrobe one day for a feature film Trust Fund - which you will want to see!



So many great moments in 2014! Coffee with friends, sailing with my brothers, dinner with my folks, each day with it's own reason to smile. Of course there were hard moments, sad good byes, and unpleasant pains, but the blessings far outshine the not-so-nice.

And here I'll leave you with the best of 2014 ~




Here's to a fantastic 2015! Happy New Year, folks!!!

1 comment: